WHO is pleased to announce that the heads of delegations of seven SEAR countries received the public health achievement awards in New Delhi, on 4th September, 2018 (in an event organized during the 71st session of the Regional Committee Meeting).
The awards included a citation and an informational tool kit and these were delivered by the Regional Director WHO-SEARO.
The honorable dignitaries who received the awards for immunization related achievements include:
1. Dr Pak Jong Min, Director, Department of External Affairs, Ministry of Public Health, DPR Korea
2. Dr Narciso Fernandes, National Director for Policy and Cooperation, Ministry of Health, Timor- Leste
Rubella and CRS Control:
1. H.E. Mr Upendra Yadav, Hon. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Health and Population, Nepal
2. H.E. Dr Rajitha Senarathne, Hon. Minister of Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine, Sri Lanka
3. H.E. Mr Zahid Maleque, Hon. State Minister of Health, Bangladesh
4. Mrs Kinley Yangzom, Interim Adviser to the Ministry of Health, Bhutan
5. Ms Khadeeja Abdul Samad Abdulla, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Maldives
6. Dr Narciso Fernandes, National Director for Policy and Cooperation, Ministry of Health, Timor- Leste
We would like to convey our heartiest congratulations to the EPI, surveillance and laboratory colleagues in all these countries. These achievements would never have been possible without the hard work put in by them, as well as by the frontline health workers in the countries. We also take this opportunity to thank and congratulate all health workers and partners for the contribution to support the MoH and WCO country teams.
Source: WHO Bhutan