To prevent premature deaths across lifespan due to suicide among the Bhutanese population
To promote, coordinate and support appropriate inter-sectoral action plans and programs for the prevention of suicidal behaviors at national, dzongkhags, gewogs and community levels.
- Improve leadership, multi-sectoral engagement and partnerships forsuicide prevention in the communities.
- Strengthen governance and institutional arrangements to effectively implement comprehensive suicide prevention plans.
- Improve access to suicide prevention services and support for individuals in psychosocial crisis and those most at risk for suicide (including those with suicidal ideation, history of self-harm or non-fatal suicide attempt)
- Improve the capacity of health services and gate keepers to provide suicide prevention services.
- Improve community resilience and societal support for suicide prevention in communities including schools and institutions.
- Improve data, evidence and information for suicide prevention planning, and programming.
YeshiWangdi, Program Officer
contact no: 17713442