The Fleming Fund Grants Programme funded by UK Department of Health provides financial support to strengthen capacity gaps identified in the National Action Plans of the participating countries. Support is provided via three funding channels, over a five-year period from 2017 to 2021:
- Country Grants – to support the implementation of national action plans for AMR
- Fleming Fellowship Scheme – AMR Laboratory, AMR Surveillance and Antimicrobial Usage/Consumption
- Regional Grants – supporting regional approaches to data sharing, use and response to AMR
In addition to the country grant, the Fleming Fund also funds Fleming Fellowship Scheme to provide continuing professional development and leadership training opportunities for relevant fellows. Seven Fleming Fellowships will be provided to Bhutan out of which four are for the human health.
Additionally, Jigme Dorji Wangchuck National Referral Hospital and Royal Center for Disease Control, Ministry of Health were identified as Beneficiary Institute (BI) whereby the selected fellows would be working at the Beneficiary Institute for 18 months.
Four Fleming Fellowships for the human health are in the following positions:
- AMR Surveillance Fellowship for RCDC
- AMR Laboratory Fellowship for JDWNRH
- AMC Surveillance Fellowship for JDWNRH
- AMU Surveillance Fellowship for JDWNRH
The Fellowships are intended to start in November 2018 and be 18 months in duration, ending in May 2020. The recipient of the fellowships should note that the Fleming Fellowships provide customised professional development and do not fund the award of a formal degree or a diploma from the Host Institution.
The interested applicant should carefully go through the following document and may apply if fulfilling the requirement (Details of fellowship can be obtained from the link provided below).
- General description of the Fleming Fellowship Scheme
- Terms of Reference (TORs) for Fleming Fellowship Opportunities
- Application form
- Referee form for the Fleming Fellowships.
The eligible applicant should submit the completed application to Dr. Vikas Agarwal, Regional Coordinator- South Asia, Fleming Fund Management Agent by email: Vikas.Aggarwal@mottmac.com and copy to Ms. Pema Yangzom, Program Officer, DMS by email: email@example.com no later than 15 August 2018.