In continuation to Her Majesty Gyalyum Sangay Choden Wangchuck’s High Level Advocacy efforts to create awareness on Priority Public Health & Social Issues, Ministry of Health is undertaking the same for Industrial Workers of Samtse (Gomtu/Pagli) & Chukha (Pasakha) Dzongkhags commencing from 10 –19 June 2018. During the recent High Level Advocacy led by Her Majesty, industrial workers could not be included since target audience and priority public health issues were different. Her Majesty commanded that Ministry of Health conduct the same.
The High Level Advocacy is led by Hon’ble Secretary, Ministry of Health and coordinated by Health Promotion Division, Department of Public Health.
The main Objectives of the High Level Advocacy are to:
• increase awareness on Priority Public Health & Social Issues;
• increase awareness on HIV/AIDS including condom promotion;
• encourage for early voluntary counseling and testing for HIV/AIDS;
• create awareness on Non-communicable Diseases – mental health including suicide prevention;
• create awareness on teenage pregnancies and occupational health related diseases
• Dasho Secretary will also visit few health centres