The Comprehensive School Health Programme, Health Promotion Division, DoPH, MoH in collaboration with Comprehensive School Health Division, DYS, MoE is conducting Training Workshop for untrained School Health Coordinators on Management of Minor Ailments, First Aid and WASH in schools. The training workshop started on 22nd December 2014 and will end on 27th December 2014. A total of 44 untrained School Health Coordinators from Chukha (31), Phuntsholing Thromde (3) , Samtse (6) and Samdrupjongkhar (4) are participating in the 6 days training workshop.
And, a total of 45 untrained School Health Coordinators from Thimphu, Paro and Haa are currently being trained at Khasadrupchu MSS, Thimphu.
The main objectives of the training workshop are:
- To increase the capacity of School Health Coordinators on management of minor ailments and provision of First Aid in schools;
- To train School Health Coordinators on screening Vision and Hearing for the School Children;
- To facilitate early detection of illnesses and referral;
- To sensitize teachers on seasonal disease outbreaks; and
- Equip and update teachers with relevant information and skills on Water Sanitation and Hygiene in schools.
Following are the sessions of the training workshop:
- Management of Minor Ailments;
- First Aid;
- Drugs and Non-drugs supplied to schools as part of school health services;
- School Eye Health – Refractive errors in school children and vision screening of school children;
- Hearing screening in school children;
- Nutrition and School Health;
- Reducing Influenza transmission in school settings;
- Sensitization on NCDs & Prevalence of Tobacco use among school children;
- Menstrual Hygiene Management and Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health;
- Hand Washing and personal hygiene;
- Safe drinking water and safe use of toilets; and
- Student Health Handbook.